Ten Commandments Are To Protect Us!
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
If God would have wanted us to live in a permissive society, He would have given us Ten Suggestions and not Ten Commandments. ~ Zig Ziglar
Mark 12:28-31 One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. ’There is no commandment greater than these.”
Do The Ten Commandments Mean To You?
The Ten Commandments Are To Help Us!
Do You Know All Of The Ten Commandments?
Please take a few moments to read the ten commandments. Be honest about it to yourself, realizing that the Ten Commandments are not our enemies. Instead, they are good for us! They are a simple set of rules to follow so that we do not go astray. So that we love God with our whole heart mind and soul and love our neighbor as ourselves.
Just think how the world would do without the ten commandments? They are to guide us and give us freedom rather than to restrict us and burden us. ~ Bill Greguska
The Ten Commandments Can Help You See More Clearly!
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- Are the Ten Commandments taken from the forty-two precepts of Ma’at?
- Seven things God hates?
- The greatest commandment is?
- What are the Ten Commandments?
- Why is being a good person not enough to get you into heaven?
The Ten Commandments, Not The Ten Suggestions!
The Ten Commandments are the most visible symbol because these commandments are recognized by Christians and Jews alike as being the foundation of our system of public morality. ~ Pat Robertson
Deuteronomy 4:13 He declared to you his covenant, the Ten Commandments, which he commanded you to follow and then wrote them on two stone tablets.
The Ten Commandments Are The Cornerstone!
The Ten Commandments sums up what we ought to do and not do. A concise way to say the Ten Commandments, in a nutshell, is written in Luke 10:26-27 “What is written in the Law?” he replied. “How do you read it?” He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
What Is God’s Will?
How Many Of The Ten Commandments Do You Know Without Peeking?
1. “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me.
2. You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
4. Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. For in six days, the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore, the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
Remember That The Ten Commandments Are Our Compass To Live By
5. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
6. You shall not murder.
7. You shall not commit adultery.
8. You shall not steal.
9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
More About The Ten Commandments
After reviewing the Ten Commandments, we may think we’re not too bad if we have broken only a few of them. We may have missed the mark, but we think we can try again a little harder. However, the Bible says, “For whosoever shall keep the whole Law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” James 2:10. If we have broken even one of the Ten Commandments, it is as if we have broken all of them. that is a pretty tough standard to follow. By that standard, Adolph Hitler, Jack the Ripper, Osama bin Laden, Billy Graham, Mother Teresa, you and I would ALL be equally guilty.
That would put all of us in an eternal world of hurt unless God provided a way to remove those sins that we have committed. Numbers 32:23 warns us, “behold, ye have sinned against the Lord: and be sure your sin will find you out.” We may try to hide our sin with good works every now and then, but our sin will surely find us out when we stand before the throne of Almighty God one day. This is a dismal reality, is there any way out, or are we just doomed by this Law? You’d better believe there is hope!
A Video To Remember The Ten Commandments!
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem, or if you want to get right with God you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions, or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat