There Were Many Problems Drugs Caused Me!
How I Started By Getting Kicked Out Of 3 Different High Schools!
The More Major Problems Drugs Caused Me Were The Following:
- I got kicked out of my home when I was 19 years old.
- Arrested and put into jail for drug and alcohol-related offenses.
- I got my daughter’s mother pregnant at age 22.
- Caused problems and kayos in my family.
- I lost a chance to play college basketball and sat on the bench in my junior year in high school.
- Lost many friends, or those who I thought were my friends.
- I considered taking my own life back in high school.
- I was involved in a motorcycle accident popping wheelies and wrecked my left knee badly.
- Lied to cover my tracks as a habit.
- I cheated to get what I wanted.
- Stole to be able to smoke pot and also for the thrill of it.
- Dishonored my mother and father.
- Life was adrift for many challenging, painful, and testing years.
- Often wished I were dead to escape all my troubles. But God had a different plan for me.
- These were some of the problems drugs caused me, and unfortunately, there were more.
- There were more, but I am sure you got the point!
How To Stop The Problems That Marijuana Is Causing?
Does Your Marijuana Use Line Up With God’s Holiness?
The Problems Drugs Caused Me Made Me Appreciate Life!
Thank God, My Recovery Started On June 25, 1986!
I could make it 30 days in a row clean and sober. At 60 days and got my medallion from N.A. but then return to my old friends and hangouts. It seemed always to lead me down the wrong road.
Things did not start to change until I went into long-term drug and alcohol treatment. I was up north for two years that I finally could stay away from my addictions for good. The road to my recovery started on June 25, 1986, and by God’s grace, I still am sober for over 30 years now.
In my case, that hitting bottom was the only way I seem to understand the severity of what I was doing. Yes, some people do not have to hit bottom, but I would question how deep they were into their addiction to be able to walk away without hitting the bottom? With God, all things are possible!
2 Peter 2:22 “A dog returns to its vomit,” and, “A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.“
This scripture above describes my problems drugs caused me. I could barely stay sober of drug-free for more than a day or two, usually because I ran out and did not temporarily have any. It doesn’t matter where you get help for your addictions? I attended both Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous meetings, and I was in Narcotics Anonymous for a total of ten-year. But I believe it helped me a lot. I felt I needed more since my drinking problem and drug problem was pretty much in remission.
I choose Elmbrook church to be my source of help to point me to Jesus. N.A. helped with support and fellowship, but they did not deal with the issue of God and the sin that had me entangled and the spiritual battles I was being tied up with.
God sobered me up and cleaned out my heart, not necessarily because of therapy and psychiatry but through his power.
The Problems Drugs Caused Me Made Me Realise God Is Faithful!
Thank God That I Got The Help I Need!
If you get help from N.A. or A.A. or a counselor or Bible study, it does not matter that much, just as long as you get help. Marijuana sure did a great deal of harm to me, not to mention problems with the law and school. Alone we are usually not strong enough to overcome such a stronghold, but with help from God and others, there is hope!
N.A. and A.A. got me started, but it took Elmbrook church to help keep me not only away from drugs and alcohol, but to point me to Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 35:5 Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
How does having a child change the way a person looks at life? I was very blessed with a daughter named Sherry. Unfortunately, her mother broke off our relationship while she was a few months early during her pregnancy. The problems drugs caused me were too many to list.
It was very hard for me knowing I had a daughter. I did get to see her when she was born once, but that was it until Sherry was in 8th grade. Her mother, Debbie, called me one Saturday afternoon. I was married, and when Debbie told me that my daughter wanted to see me because she had occurring dreams about me, and she felt it would be good to be in my life.
The Problems Drugs Caused Me Time Away From My Daughter!
I Met My Daughter Sherry For The First Time Since Her Birth
We met for the first time at Mayfair mall. I could not believe she wanted to be a part of my life. I knew I had a child, but her mother left and raised her herself until my daughter was in 8th grade in 1998. When Sherry became a part of my life. It was a prayer come true that I thought would never be answered. God has answered many prayers for me over the years. But she was probably the biggest, and the one I waited for the longest.
Having Sherry and I together was and still is a beautiful thing! My little girl is now 36 years old and has a 10-year-old son named Justice. I am so glad that we are together and that in time, God answered my prayers!
Psalm 127:3-5 Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.
How important is it to trust and obey God in how we live life? When I got out of treatment at Gemini and went back to Milwaukee, I was a little scared. I got a job in maintenance and custodial at a church in Brookfield called Elmbrook Church, I held that job for four years and got involved with the church through men’s group and singles groups.
Drinking and smoking were far from my mind—one of the many miracles of my life. It’s like the force of good (God) fought the power of evil (Satan).
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can be of help to you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat