Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or want some encouragement.
We all have feelings, yet sometimes we do not guard our hearts because feelings can be overwhelming to all of us at times. Do you want to get more control over your feelings and emotions? Also, do you want to deal with others’ disturbing emotions without hurting them? I appreciate what coach John Wooden from UCLA basketball said: “Consider the rights of others before your feelings and the feelings of others before your rights.” God’s word has the answer to all of our questions about life and godliness. Our intellect is the train, and our feelings are the caboose, make sure you keep those two in the correct order. ~ Bill Greguska
Proverbs 29:11 Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.
How Do Feelings And Emotions Work?
Time Wasting Emotions And Thoughts To Try To Stop!
1. Refrain From Comparing Yourself To Others.
When you compare yourself to others, it is like comparing your insides to someone else’s outward appearance, which in most cases, you will end up on the short end of the stick.
Stay in your lane, and be sure you are doing your best. Appreciate the person God created you to be with your strengths and weaknesses.
2. Resist Entertaining Regrets of The Past.
Like my brother, Tom taught me years ago that if I did all I could do to make the situation the best that I could, then turn the page and refuse to remain enslaved in remorse or bitterness.
Try to learn from the situation, then move on. If you don’t, you’ll be kept a prisoner in the past memories. Ask God to help you with letting the situation go.
3. Reflect On Negative Comments Others Say To You.
Others say that before you reject negative comments, be sure they are untruthful. Dismissing something true can be harmful and cause more problems. So be sure that what the critics are saying is not valid.
If what they say has any truth, reflect on the fact, and apply them to your life to become a better person.
4. Redirect Unnecessary Drama Into Your Life.
People are people, and there will always be some level of drama in life. You want to avoid relationships if your efforts are not appreciated.
Also, the other person becomes less supportive and uplifting instead of less toxic. I am not saying to dump them off at the curb, but I am speaking to guard your heart and not allow them to drag you down emotionally, mentally, physically, or spiritually.
Sometimes we need to put others on the back burner for a while. People have their issues, but sometimes their problems can be too overwhelming, and they might need spiritual or professional help.
5. Realize True Happiness Comes From God.
It doesn’t matter how much money you have or do not have in the bank or what title you may have in the world. External accomplishments can be excellent, but you will never find true happiness if you allow your happiness to depend upon external affirmation.
True happiness begins with a good relationship with Jesus Christ and knowing His will for your life and how to accomplish it.
Do Our Feelings Need Healing? How To Resolve Things?
Feelings can be excellent, devastating, or somewhere in between. Feelings and emotions can be positive, or they can be overwhelming. Some people have thin skin, making it hard to control their feelings or emotions. We need to be able to handle our feelings, good or bad. Learn about your feelings! Learn the importance of feelings. But when walking close to God, He will prompt us to do what is right. God will keep us from harm and be a blessing rather than a curse. If you have some questions that need answering, check out Got Questions to help you get your feelings and emotions in line with God’s wisdom and plan for you and your life.
Often Satan gets into our minds to destroy us in different ways. The thing is to guard your hearts and seek the truth of God’s word.
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline 2 Timothy 1:7.
- For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Allow God To Lead You, Not Your FEELINGS!
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can I overcome feelings of rejection?
- How can I control my temper?
- What does the Bible say about falling in love?
- What does the Bible say about managing/controlling emotions?
- Is it wrong for a Christian to be depressed?
Feeling And Emotions Being Like A Train Analogy?
Feelings are like the caboose, and wisdom is like the engine. People often get the two mixed up, allowing their emotions to run the train (their life) instead of God’s wisdom that God has given us in his word. ~ Bill Greguska.
Out Of These 193 Feelings Listed Below: How Many Did You Experience Last Week?
- Do you allow God to help you process your feelings, or do you do what feels right?
- Trying to include God in your dealing with your feelings, you will feel much more peace and find that doing God’s will is always better than doing your own will!
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, and YouTube videos.
- You can learn more about us, our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement, Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat