Are Your Feelings Real, Or Are They A Facade?
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Consider the rights of others before your own feelings and the feelings of others before your own rights. ~ John Wooden
Proverbs 29:11 Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.
How Do Feelings And Emotions Work?
Time Wasting Emotions And Thoughts To Try To Stop!
Feelings Can Be Hurt Sometimes Very Easily!
1. Refrain From Comparing Yourself To Others.
When you compare yourself to others, it is like comparing your insides to someone else’s outward appearance, which in most cases, you will end up on the short end of the stick.
Stay in your own lane, and be sure you are doing the best you can. Appreciate the person that God created you to be with both your strengths and weaknesses.
2. Resist Entertaining Regrets of The Past.
Like my brother, Tom taught me years ago that if I did all I could do to make the situation the best that I could, then turn the page and refuse to remain enslaved in remorse or bitterness.
Try to learn from the situation, then move on. If you don’t, you’ll be kept a prisoner in the memories of the past. Ask God to help you with letting the situation go.
3. Reflect On Negative Comments Others Say To You.
Before you reject negative comments others say, be sure that they are untruthful. Dismissing something true can be harmful and cause more problems. So be sure that what the critics are saying is not true.
If what they say has any truth, reflect on the fact, and apply it to your life to become a better person.
4. Redirect Unnecessary Drama Into Your Life.
People are people, and there will always be some level of drama in life. What you want to avoid are the relationships if your efforts are not appreciated.
Also, the other person becomes draining and generally toxic instead of supportive and uplifting. I am not saying to dump them off at the curb, but I am speaking to guard your heart and not allow them to drag you down emotionally, mentally, physically, or even spiritually.
Sometimes we need to put others on the back burner for a while. People have their issues, but sometimes their problems can be too overwhelming, and they might need spiritual or professional help.
5. Realize True Happiness Comes From God.
It doesn’t matter how much money you have or do not have in the bank or what title you may have in the world. External accomplishments can be excellent, but if you allow your happiness to depend upon external affirmation, you will never find true happiness.
True happiness begins with a good relationship with Jesus Christ and knows His will for your life and how to accomplish it.
Do Our Feelings Need Healing? How To Resolve Things?
Feelings can be excellent, devastating, or somewhere in between. Feelings and emotions can be positive, or they can be overwhelming. Some people have thin skin, making it hard for them to control their feelings or emotions. We need to be able to handle our feelings, good or bad. Learn about your feelings! Learn the importance of feelings.
But when we are walking close to God, He will prompt us to do what is right. God will keep us from harm and be a blessing to us rather than a curse.
If you have some questions that need answering, check out Got Questions to help you get your feelings and emotions in line with God’s wisdom and plan for you and your life.
Often Satan gets into our minds to try to destroy us in different ways. The thing is to guard your hearts and seek the truth of God’s word.
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline 2 Timothy 1:7.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Here Are Some Helpful Links:
- How can I overcome feelings of rejection?
- How can I control my temper?
- What does the Bible say about falling in love?
- What does the Bible say about managing/controlling emotions?
- Is it wrong for a Christian to be depressed?
Feeling And Emotions Being Like A Train Analogy?
Feelings are like the caboose, and wisdom is like the engine. Often people get the two mixed up, and they allow their emotions to run the train (their life) instead of the wisdom that God has given us in his word. ~ Bill Greguska
Out Of These 194 Feelings Listed Below:
How Many Did You Experience Last Week?
- Do you allow God to help you process your feelings, or do you do what feels right to you?
- Trying to include God in your dealing with your feelings, you will feel much more peace and find that doing God’s will is always better than doing your own will!
Related Pages Of Encouragement:
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information that can help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals, and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or would like to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat