People get into arguments and disagreements all the time in our society. Thankfully people often have been raised good enough to work things out via an apology by one or both people involved. That is called forgiveness, but not every situation gets 100% resolved. Sad to say, in those cases, due to physical safety or a cold heart, it can sometimes be best to go their separate ways, unfortunately.
There is an expression that says, “Friendship is the hardest ship to sail.” Oh, how true that can be at times. Reconciliation goes one step beyond forgiveness. God forgives us to forgive, but God does not command us to be reconciled in every situation. Sometimes things cannot be put back into a healthy situation, but God’s will requires forgiveness, or He will not forgive us. ~ Bill Greguska
The number one problem in our world is alienation, rich versus poor, black versus white, labor versus management, conservative versus liberal, East versus West. But Christ came to bring about reconciliation and peace.~ Billy Graham
If we were sincere, each one of us would have to admit that they have gotten into conflict with others in their life. I have lost several friends that we could not work out things with one another. God commands us to forgive others, yet God does not command us to be reconciled with others. Sometimes the offense is too great to see the offender again, yet we do not have an option concerning forgiveness.
On the other hand, I have been a part of some beautiful reconciliations with friends in the past, which is always the hope we ought to have.
I like the scripture in Romans 12:18. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
- Abortion Remorse
- Acts Of Kindness
- Christian Life Coach
- Debt Of Love
- Examine Your Life
- Forgive And Forget
- Free Christian Counseling
- Friendship Information
- Getting Real
- God Looks At Our Heart
- How To Forgive?
- Love Information
- Love Is The Answer
- Praying For Others
- Recovering From Divorce
- Set Boundaries
- Toxic Relationships
- 2 Corinthians 5:18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation.
- Matthew 6:15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Reconciliation And Forgiveness Are Not The Same!
What If My Problems Seem Out Of Control?
Find Hope And Encouragement From Our Links!
- If you just started believing in God, we have a page specifically for you.
- If you are dealing with anger, stress, or depression, we have information to help you.
- We have phone helplines, website links, youtube videos.
- You can learn more about us and our goals and our purpose.
- If you have a drug/alcohol problem or if you want to get right with God, you are at the right place!
- If you need to talk to someone right away, you can call 800-633-3446 or click here.
- Finally, if you have any questions or want to get on our email list, just let us know.
For Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat