Some Personal Words of Encouragement:
Here is something I would like you to consider: I have known Sue Sauer since 2003, and during that time, I have witnessed the love of the Lord shine through Sister Sue who is gifted in may areas; she had a deep love for the Lord and a passion for helping others. Sue is very wise concerning matters of life and godliness and is excellent at giving wise counsel. She has been sharing Christ’s love with the young women at Moody Bible Institute where he hubby Ron is a professor. Sue is an excellent wife to her husband Dr. and Pastor Ron Sauer and also a wonderful caregiver to her elderly mother who is 93 years old. Sister Sue Sauer is an excellent cook and homemaker, not to mention an outstanding piano teacher. Although the greatest thing about Sister Sue Sauer is her love for Jesus Christ and helping others who are in need. ~ Bill Greguska
1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Sue Sauer quote:
Do not just knee jerk react to problems, take them to the Lord in prayer. ~ Sue Sauer
- Related Pages of Encouragement: Billy Graham / Encouragement for women
- A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Pastor Ron Sauer And Sue Sauer Share Their Testimonies!
Pastor / Professor Ron Sauer Talks About a Disciplined Life!
Sue Sauer and her personal walk with the Lord (Sister Sue)
Sue’s husband, Ron Sauer, refers to her as Sweet Sue! If you knew Sue, you would understand why. Sue loves the Lord with all her heart and has committed her life to living for God. Sue has counseled others such as the women at Moody Bible Institute, which she has done faithfully for many years now. The young ladies come to her on a sign-up sheet and share their concerns with Sue to get some perspective from a woman who has some “mileage” in following Jesus Christ for their answers. Sue helped me in my life years ago when I was struggling very badly with my marriage, and even to this day, she & her husband Dr. Ron Sauer equipped me with the understanding of God’s will to attempt to save my marriage and helped me endure some of my struggles that I was going through.
Sue has gone far beyond what most people would consider enough help, and her efforts were not wasted. One of many things Sister Sue taught me was to have an open palm with both people and things. She said that this way if God does take an individual or something out of my life for His reasons, that it will not hurt so badly compared to if I was holding on so very tightly.
Ron and Sue Sauer are a strong team who work together very well. Ron has been an Interim pastor for almost 30 years while also being a professor at Moody Bible Institute. Sue behind the scenes has been a big help for Ron in general and with his congregations that he Pastored at. They have been like a one-two punch to lead the churches he has been assigned to by God.
That is what was the inspiration to start a 24-hour phone helpline with pre-recorded messages, and then in 2007 I started NeedEncouragement.com because of all the encouragement that Ron and Sue gave me, so I could share some encouragement with others like they suggested.
Sue Sauer also has taken time out of her life to caring for the needs of her 93-year-old mother. They also have two grown boys, Joe and Jeff, who have also become men that love the Lord. Sue lives her life to please the Lord; you can see the way she lives. Sue has also taught piano lessons for many years and is magnificent in the kitchen as a health food type of cook. Sue grew up as a military kid and was very proud of her daddy. I have been blessed to call Sue my friend ever since 2005. Proverbs 17:17
Sue Sauer talks about a person’s need to gain some life-lessons before considering dating.
1. Like in fishing, circle the worm on the hook sometime before I take a bite of the hook. (AMEN!! Don’t let yourself get emotionally involved with looks or words, but present all those things to the Lord for HIS evaluation first! Realize that your heart is in His hands and don’t take your heart out of His hands.
2. Do not fall madly in love because you will get hurt. (PRECISELY!! The word “MADLY” is just what I talked about in #1)
3. Practice Open Palm a little more seriously (holding everyone and everything to God not grasping on to it. (ABSOLUTELY!! But not just ‘a little’! Don’t let fear have anything to do with it unless it is the proper fear of God.)
4. Do not let the conversation go to marriage within the first 3 to 6 months? (AMEN!!! Six months is vastly better than 3, and a year is better than six months unless THE LORD makes it VERY VERY understandable with many “signs and wonders” and advice. You will know.)
5. Don’t trust a man/woman with my heart until I KNOW I can trust him/her. (This KNOWING happens little by little, NOT all at once, unless you want weeds which are “here today and GONE tomorrow”. Keep learning how to guard your heart and wait on the Lord who strengthens your heart.”)
6. Keep my eyes open for red flags. (“Wide open” please! And thank the Lord that He reveals them. If your heart is in His calm control, you can more clearly see and discuss these flags with Him and even with her to help her analyze and pray about where these are coming from and how to deal with them. Remember, the older a girl or guy gets [unless they are getting closer to the Lord, being changed by Him] they are getting more hard-wired to STAY like they have been, less open at all to change which is necessary for a marriage!! Mother says, ” Just like the fan over your head! It has to be controlled by the button that will determine how fast or slow it goes.”)
7. Do not let a man/woman get on the same or near the same level as God is in your life. (triple amen!!! Mother looks at Daddy’s picture every night and says, “Goodnight my dear Autieey. You will always be just under the first love of my life! Autieey had almost 66 years of marriage.)
8. Don’t assume a man/woman is wonderful to let them show you. (That thought is just helpful for YOU to further guard your mind and thoughts – to keep them from racing ahead of God’s perfect timing!)
9. Guard my heart because it’s the Wellspring of my life. (This is well worth your deep meditation on what does this verse mean: take each word and meditate – let it become part of the bedrock of your thoughts!)
10. I may want a man/woman, but I don’t need a woman to have a full life. (You are so right on this point!!! Allowing your thoughts to race ahead makes you vulnerable to trashing all your logical thoughts in the numbers we just covered! Prepare your heart! Make these more than a backpack you can throw off when your emotions take over! Chew them and digest them, so they become nourishment for your very BE-ing —> the part of who you are by the Grace of God! Then you will be ready and able to enjoy a relationship with an eternal sister/brother for however long God wants you to walk along side of him/her. The time will benefit you both.)
It’s going to be all right according to Sue Sauer and Sara Groves
Feelings people have when falling in love when they are dating.
Puppy love is beginners love. It has no foundation for it; it just springs up in the heart of the one who has it. It assumes a lot!
Puppy love is overwhelmed with an impression. Be impressed but cautiously wait, realizing that anyone can look and sound good for a year! It’s after a year that cracks may be seen. A real skilled person can hide the real self for SIX years!!
That’s why we must have discerning love. Discerning love is mature love which has learned to wait and give the necessary time for God to reveal what is important to know about their character and how they handled the wounds and disappointments of life, arguments, grudges, likes, and dislikes, habits, etc.
Puppy love feels nice for a while, but it does no one any favors! It sets you up for some big disappointments, and it cannot last. That’s why I called it “weeds which spring up today and tomorrow it’s gone” (today means a short time like a month or so).
I think that about sums things up.
Good Quotes Here:
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. ~ Anonymous
- We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. ~ Randy Pasch
- Happiness is like a butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it eludes you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it comes and sits softly on your shoulder. ~ Henry David Thoreau
- Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like. ~ Will Rogers
- Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you are while your reputation is what others think you are. ~ John Wooden
- In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away. ~ Shing Xiong
- When in doubt, choose love. ~ Anonymous
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller
- Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean. ~ Maya Angelou
- Don’t worry. Be happy. ~ anonymous
- Be helpful. When you see a person without a smile, give them yours. ~ Zig Ziglar
- When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one that has opened for us. ~Alexander Graham Bell
- You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it. ~Albert Einstein
- Whether you believe you can do a thing or not, you are right. ~Henry Ford
- God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. ~Reinhold Niebuhr
- Billy Graham
- Francis Chan
- Dale Carnegie
- Mark Mallwitz
- Brian Larson
- John Wegner
- Ray Jablonski
- Ron West
- Lora Kesselhon
- Bill Greguska
- Mike Hayden
Sue Sauer Created The Following Beautiful Christian Artwork:
In problem-solving, there are a lot of ways to skin a cat Sue’s mother used to say! ~ Sue Sauer
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments?