Hope is Not Optional, it is Mandatory in Life!
When you hear the words, find hope, what comes to your mind first? Hope knows that something good is going to come out of a possibly bad or dangerous situation. It knows that whatever “this is” it too shall pass. If you are looking for hope in anything or anyone besides Jesus Christ, you will not truly find what you are looking for.
It is understood that God is in control, not you or not me! Keep your eyes focused on Jesus Christ, and as you continue looking for hope, you will find hope in God! ~ Bill Greguska
Encouraging Bible verses when you are trying to find hope!
1. When you’ve lost someone:
- Matthew 5:4 “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
- Revelation 1:18 “I am alive forevermore.”
- John 11:25 “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies’”
2. When excruciating waves of chronic pain hit you:
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
- Hebrews 4:16 “Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
3. When no one seems to understand keep trying:
- Psalm 55:22 “Cast your cares on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.”
- Isaiah 40:11 “He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.”
4. When worn out and want to give up:
- Hebrews 12:2-3 “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author, and completer of our faith, who, for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising its shame and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.”
5. When abandoned by everyone:
- Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
- Hebrews 13:5-6 “… God has said, ‘Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.’ So we say with confidence, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?’”
6. When gripped by anger:
- Ephesians 4:31 “Get rid of all bitterness, rage, and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”
- James 1:19 “My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.”
- 1 John 4:20 “If anyone says, ‘I love God,’ yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.”
7. When dealing with overwhelming demands:
- Matthew 11:28 “Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
- John 15:5[Jesus said] “I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
- Philippians 4:13 “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
Read more: Encouraging Scriptures
The importance of good choices!
We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
Related Pages of Encouragement:
A Special Link for a Little Extra Encouragement
Find hope by searching for the right thing!
Get some encouragement from Nick Vujicic!
You Can Find hope in many ways!
Your faith in God will decide to some extent how much hope you will have.
- People can give you hope and encouragement for the things they say or do.
- You can encourage yourself by not letting hardship drag you down. Psalm 9:18
- By taking good care of your health.
- From a good friend, spouse, pastor, or family member.
- You can pray and allow God to comfort and give you hope.
- Ultimately you can find hope from God in his word from the Bible.
- You can find hope through the Holy Spirit by the way the Holy Spirit leads you.
- There are two main things in life to remember to get by in life better. The first thing is not to sweat the small stuff. The second point is that most everything in life is small stuff. – Dennis Kraul
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future. ~ Robert H. Schuller
Romans 5:3-4 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.