FAITH IN GOD
Do You Have Faith in God?
Most all of us have questioned our faith in God at some point or another. What have you determined in your heart and mind about your faith? Take time right now in front of your computer and think about this question.
You may want to pray about it or you may need to talk with a Christian friend or pastor to give you some help. No matter what you choose to do, please do something, this is too important to gloss over a put it off to a later date. ~ Bill Greguska
Test Your Faith God By What Your Faith Costs You?
Questions to Help Examine And Test Your Faith in God!
1. Do you enjoy having fellowship with Christ and His redeemed people? 1 John 1:3
2. Would people say you walk in the light, or walk in the darkness? 1 John 1:6-7
3. Do you admit and confess your sin? 1 John 1:8
4. Are you obedient to God’s Word? 1 John 2:3-5
5. Does your life indicate you love God rather than the world? 1 John 2:15
6. Is your life characterized by “doing what is right”? 1 John 2:29
7. Do you seek to maintain a pure life? 1 John 3:3
8. Do you see a decreasing pattern of sin in your life? 1 John 3:5-6 [Note: this refers to not continuing in sin as a way of life, not a total absence of sin.]
9. Do you demonstrate love for other Christians? 1 John 3:14
10. Do you “walk the walk,” versus just “talking the talk”? 1 John 3:18-19
11. Do you maintain a clear conscience? 1 John 3:21
12. Do you experience victory in your Christian walk? 1 John 5:4
If you can truthfully answer “Yes” to the above questions (or a majority of them, and are working on the others), then your life is bearing the fruit of true salvation. Jesus said that it is by our fruits that we are known as His disciples (Matthew 7:20).
Test Your Faith in God One Day at a Time!
Are These Things Required to Get Into Heaven?
- Live a good life?
- Go to church regularly?
- Become a member of a church?
- Give money to a church?
- Obey the ten commandments?
- Get baptized?
- Be confirmed by your church?
- Read the Bible daily?
- Pray daily?
- Trust in God and confess and turn from your sins?
Answers to The Above Ten Questions:
If you checked any one or more of the items, you failed the test. Don’t feel bad. Most people do fail because they are to some degree “Religious” but religion is nothing more than our feeble attempts to please God by doing good works. (Good works are not wrong to do, but are not the way to heaven)
The real answer to how to get to Heaven is not found in a religious system or through our righteousness. God tells us that “there is none righteous, no, not one” Romans 3:10.”For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Faith is the first step to understanding. Either it’s the Word of an infallible God, the fallible words of men, or faith in what you personally believe. You’ve got to have faith in something. Believe me. Ray Comfort