Do You Have Faith In God?
Most all of us have questioned our faith in God at some point or another. What have you determined in your heart and mind about your faith? Take time right now in front of your computer and think about this question…
Here are some helpful links:
- Do you sometimes struggle with a lack of faith?
- How can I keep the faith?
- What does the Bible say about faith?
- What is the difference between faith and hope?
- Where does faith come from?
Test Your Faith God By What Your Faith Costs You?
How Would You Define Your Faith?
- Do You Find Yourself Practicing “Religion?”
- Or Do You Have A Personal “Relationship” With God?”
In my life, I have discovered that there are two totally opposing viewpoints on this topic. Some people like to feel “religious” and others cherish their “personal relationship” with Jesus Christ.
How about you? Have you grown up practicing “Religion?” Or do you have “A Relationship” with God? Here is the difference…
- Unfortunately, for many, religion follows a set of man-made Rules. It is an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship their created “God”.
- Then, on the other hand, having a relationship with Jesus Christ is a daily personal way of life. The relationship is between our creator God and ourselves, based on the truth of God from the Bible, not on a denomination’s interpretation. Having a relationship with Jesus offers us love, comfort, direction, hope, and the forgiveness that we all need. Learn more by watching this short video (Why I hate religion?).
Questions To Help Examine And Test Your Faith In God!
- Do you enjoy having fellowship with Christ and His redeemed people? 1 John 1:3
- Would people say you walk in the light, or walk in the darkness? 1 John 1:6-7
- Do you admit and confess your sin? 1 John 1:8
- Are you obedient to God’s Word? 1 John 2:3-5
- Does the way you are living your life, show that you love God rather than the world? 1 John 2:15
- Is your life characterized by “doing what is right”? 1 John 2:29
More questions for you to consider
- Do you seek to maintain a pure life? 1 John 3:3
- Do you see a decreasing pattern of sin in your life? 1 John 3:5-6 [Note: this refers to not continuing in sin as a way of life, not a total absence of sin.]
- Do you demonstrate love for other Christians? 1 John 3:14
- Do you “walk the walk,” versus just “talking the talk”? 1 John 3:18-19
- Do you maintain a clear conscience? 1 John 3:21
- Do you experience victory in your Christian walk? 1 John 5:4
If you can truthfully answer “Yes” to a majority of the above questions. Jesus said that it is by our fruits that we are known as His disciples
Share Your Batton Of Faith!
Are All These Things Required To Get Into Heaven?
- Live a good life?
- Go to church regularly?
- Become a member of a church?
- Give money to a church?
- Obey the ten commandments?
- Get Baptized?
- Be confirmed by your church?
- Read the Bible daily?
- Pray daily?
- Trust in God and confess and turn from your sins?
(Answers To The Above Ten Questions):
The answer is #10. If you checked any more of the items, you failed the test. Don’t feel bad. Religion is nothing more than our feeble attempts to please God by doing good works. (Good works are not wrong to do, but are not the way to heaven)
It says in Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Test Your Faith In God One Day At A Time!
For More Encouragement Call 1-800-633-3446 or Chat
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments or would just like some encouragement?
Faith is the first step to understanding. Either it’s the Word of an infallible God, the fallible words of men, or faith in what you personally believe. You’ve got to have faith in something. Believe me. Ray Comfort