Relationship With God
Are you interested in a relationship with God? Let me remind you what it says in John 1:18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. That scripture does not mean we can not have a relationship with God!
Are You Building a Relationship With God?
The term relationship with God to me refers to where a person is walking in step with Jesus Christ. The question is, how does a person get into a relationship with God?
Having a relationship with God is not a cookie cutter experience, God created each one of us with an individual personality so it would be obvious that an outgoing person would have a little different type of relationship with God than a quiet reserved type of person.
- Do you have a relationship with God would be the first question I would ask you?
- Do you love others the way you would want them to love you?
- Do you trust God and read his word each day?
- Do you take care of your physical body with exercise, food, sleep, exercise?
There are many other things to consider, but the above five are critical to start off with!
Keep in mind that God does not call the equipped; He equips the called, and as a Christian, we are all called to share what Christ has taught us in the Bible and has done in our life. Some of the last words Christ said on earth were, “Go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19). Sharing my faith with others is not just a suggestion, it’s a direct command. And God is with us when we obey Him.
Many characters in the Bible did not always have close relationships with God
But God found a use for them nevertheless – to encourage others just like we can help others once we are encouraged ourselves!
- David had an affair. But God used him!
- Abraham was way too old. But God used him!
- John was self-righteous. But God used him!
- Paul persecuted people in the church. But God used him!
- Moses was a murderer. But God used him!
- Martha was a worry-wart. But God used her!
- Noah got drunk. But God used him!
Also, did you know that Moses had a short fuse? So did Peter, Paul. Well, most everybody has, including you and I, at times. But God used them, and He’ll use us as we focus on God instead of our shortcomings and weaknesses. Matthew 19:26
God will use anyone of us, but we have to be willing. Remember to be patient, because God knows how much we can handle and when we are ready.