Listen to powerful sermons… Click here
Since 1958 Elmbrook Church Sermons have been lead by Pastor Stuart Briscoe, Mel Lawrenz, and Pastor Philip Griffin. There have been many other dedicated pastors and staff working together for one purpose of teaching God’s word on the week ends, and applying God’s word the rest of the week .
Our pastors teaching and preaching are packed full of practical and very relevant teaching from God’s word.
Their job is to point the church towards Jesus Christ, which they do week after week. There is also available a history of saved past messages to encourage you on their web site! Hebrews 4:2
Elmbrook church is a non-denominational, evangelical Christian mega church located in the Milwaukee suburb of Brookfield, Wisconsin, in Waukesha County.
Since the church’s founding in 1958, it has become one of the largest churches in the United States. Weekly church attendance averages 7,000, making it the largest church in Wisconsin and one of the 100-largest churches in the United States. John 12:45-47
Dr. Stuart Briscoe was called as senior pastor of Elmbrook in 1970 after a banking career in England and an international preaching ministry under the auspices of the Torchbearers.
During his pastorate Elmbrook grew tremendously and planted a number of churches in the local area while Briscoe continued his international teaching ministry.
Known for his logic and wit not to mention his captivating British accent, Stuart has been preaching since he was just 17 years old and now is a young 80 plus. In fact, he continues teaching the Bible on nearly every continent. Stuart has received honorary doctorates from a number of universities. His knowledge of the Bible and love for the Lord has taught God’s word and blessed many thousands of people over past many years, including myself. He has written more than 40 books and the media ministry, Telling the Truth, which he founded in 1971, continues to reach out daily around the world. Matthew 28:19
In 2000, after serving for 30 years as Elmbrook’s senior pastor, Stuart and his wife Jill embarked on new ministries as Elmbrook’s Ministers-at-Large, concentrating on reaching out to pastors, missionaries and church leaders all over the world, while maintaining close ties with Elmbrook, their home church.
Elmbrook church has a number of sister churches that they help start.
One of the many churches is Brook Life church, like all of the Brook churches, they too are a very good church, yet much smaller is size. They also have very good pastors and sermons. Check out http://vimeo.com/brooklife/videos
“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40
You may ask the question, why go to church?
I think the answer to keep in mind that a hospital is for those who are sick and ill, and a church is for sinners. Both places are meant to heal. One physically and one spiritually.
A good church can be compared to a good hospital. In a hospital people need healing for what ever they are there for. Hospital for people that are ill, church is for people that are sinners. We are aware that we have sin in our lives and need the Great Physician to help us.
Leaning how to find a good church and joining a church is a very important part of having a strong faith life for a few main reasons. Hearing of God’s word shared by the pastor, fellowship and accountability of the other church members, and that God tells us not to forsake the gathering like some have done in the past.
I like the explanation of a man or woman being in a garage does not make him or her a car, likewise being in a church does not make a man or woman a Christian. Just because a person says that they are a Christian does not make them a Christian. Christians are not sin less they just sin less because they know the Lord and want to do His will and follow His ways.
Make sure that you check out a few churches before committing to one church. Make sure they are a Bible believing church and use the Bible as God word to us to follow in their daily life they best they can. Remember that no matter how hard you look when you are looking how to find a good church, you will never find a perfect church because churches are made up of sinners like you and me.
If you live in the Milwaukee area, or plan to visit in the future, there are many good churches to choose from. Make sure the church you decide to go to have good teachers of the Bible to help point you to Jesus Christ. I would suggest that you consider visiting my church, which is a non-denominational Bible believing church. We hope this has helped you learn a little more about how to find a church.
777 S Barker Rd, Brookfield, WI 53045
For Elmbrook Church Pastor Sermons go to http://elmbrook.org/sermons/
ENCOURAGING WORDS OF WISDOM:
- “The Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount contain my religion” John Adams
- Matthew 28:18-20 “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
How much authority should a pastor have over a church? http://www.gotquestions.org/pastor-authority.html
- “Our goal is to help everyone be involved in the full life of the church, not just Sunday morning services.” Alan Adams
- Matthew 16:18 “And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.”
- Does a person have to attend church to go to heaven? http://www.gotquestions.org/church-heaven.html
Email Us or Call 1-800-633-3446
Here is a complete list of our encouraging topics:
1. About Us 2. Alcohol and Drug Addiction 3. Benefits Of Laughter 4. Bills Blog 5. Ben Hersh’s Story 6. Bill Greguska’s Story 7. Brian Larson’s Story 8. Contact Us 9. Daily Devotionals 10. Don’t Worry, Be Happy 11. Elmbrook Church Sermons 12. Emotional Encouragement 13. Encouragement for Marriage 14. Encouragement for Relationships 15. Encouraging Links 16. Encouraging Music 17. Encouraging Testimonies 18. Encouraging Thoughts 19. Encouraging Videos 20. Faith In God 21. Francis Chan’s Story 22. Free Bible 23. General Help 24. God Can Help 25. Godly Integrity 26. Healthy Sexuality 27. Help For Depression 28. Home 29. Jesus Christ 30. John Wagner’s Story 31. Join Our Team 32. Learn to Encourage Others 33. Letting Go Of Anger 34. Lora Kesselhon’s Story 35. Overcoming Mental Illness 36. Need Forgiveness 37. Need Prayer 38. Nick Vujicic’s Story 39. Overcome A Disability 40. Overcoming Fear 41. Peace With God 42. Phone Help Lines 43. Physical Health 44. Questions 45. Quit Smoking 46. Ray Jablonski’s Story 47. Real Life Issues 48. Real Self Confidence 49. Site Map 50. Spiritual Encouragement 51. Stress Management 52. True Love 53. Where To Start 54. Weekly Mailing List
Why not start your own encouragement web site or group. Get your school or church involved, on the Internet like we have done with this web site. The Internet is great way to share good news and encouragement.
- Keep in mind that a great way to become encouraged yourself is to try to encourage others!
- If you are interested, in starting your own encouragement web site or group contact us with any questions you may have.
- If you are in need of any encouragement yourself, check through our web site to see what would benefit you!